Company History

Da-Com has a legacy of providing technology with outstanding support to companies in St. Louis and Southwestern Illinois. Over 65 years, Da-Com has evolved with technology to meet the needs of our clients. However, one thing has always been constant: Da-Com always does the right thing.

Da-Com traces its roots back to 1948 when they began selling typewriters and cash registers. As the company grew it became one of the nation’s largest 3M dealers, selling Thermofax machines, copiers and overhead projectors. In 1966, Jack Tipton joined the company eventually becoming its owner. Throughout the years Da-Com continued to bring cutting edge products from world class providers to its markets throughout Missouri and Illinois. In 2002, Da-Com moved into their new state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Shrewsbury Missouri. Shortly after that move, Jack retired and sold the company to the next generation of ownership, John Tipton, Lorie Bean (Tipton) and Bill Tipton. With construction and expansion of the Service Center in 2005 and the build out of the state of the art Customer Support Center in 2012, Da-Com continues to strengthen its resources to better serve its customers. Today, Scott Shanafelt oversees the company’s day to day operations as the Senior Vice President and General Manager. Even though our products and services offerings have changed greatly over the years, one thing remains the same; our employees unending commitment to take care of our customers!